Washington County Pheasants Forever
Pheasants Forever Chapter #671
Welcome to the Washington County Chapter Website! We need your help to strengthen our area’s conservation & hunting heritage
A Message from David Foster, Chapter President:
The Washington County Chapter has accomplished much for area conservation, youth and hunting, but there’s much more to be done.
We are always looking for more volunteers to step up and help our chapter achieve its main goals of bringing more youth into the ranks of hunter-conservationists and helping rural chapters establish and improve more pheasant habitat.
As an urban chapter, we have many members, about 1,200, however we have a small hunting land base. We can be most effective for habitat by supporting projects in rural areas where hunting is still available and land prices are lower.
We have a small core of dedicated volunteers, but they can use some more help. Specifically, we need volunteers to help out a few hours a month with:
- Our annual South Dakota Youth Season Hunt with the Day County Chapter in South Dakota
- Our annual spring Disabled Hunter Pheasant Shoot at Whispering Emerald Ridge Game Farm near Memomonie, Wisconsin.
- Minnesota Firearm Safety classes for local youth.
- Annual Chapter Wild Game Feed and Banquet in March at Sal’s Restaurant in Withrow (just north of Stillwater).
- The joint Washington/Mississippi Longtails Chapter Youth Event in Dakota County.
- Youth events
You’ll be proud to know the chapter has also donated considerable funds to the Finden Founder’s Fund for hunting land acquisition, the Build a Wildlife Area public hunting land fund, the PF Legislative Action Fund to promote conservation in the federal Farm Bill, educating outdoor instructors through PF’s Leopold Education Project, helped other chapters purchase hunting land and volunteered to plant habitat, conduct controlled burns to improve existing habitat and much more.
If you have any questions about chapter volunteer opportunities or other questions, please contact me at (cell 651.792.6418; firstname.lastname@example.org).
David Foster, Chapter President