About Pheasants Forever Washington County - 671
A Local Minnesota Chapter
Washington County Pheasants Forever Chapter has a small group of active members that meet monthly with the goal of advancing the legacy of Pheasants Forever. We do this by supporting our communities, our county, our state, and of course pheasant habitat through volunteerism and financial support. Our financial support is only possible because of the generous donations we receive through fundraising events held throughout the year, one of which is our annual banquet.
Since our chapter's inception in 2012, we have accomplished the following achievements within our local communities:
- Total Wildlife Habitat Expenditures of $248,000 for grass plantings, food plots, and winter cover.
- Public Land Acquisition Expenditures of $44,600.
- Youth Education Expenditures of $145,700.
- Annual Sponsorship of 11 High School and 4H Trap Teams within Washington County.
- Prescribed Burn / Tree Removal Project at Hardwood Creek WMA in Washington County.
- Enhanced Public Lands Grant for 3 Public Hunting Areas.
- Annual Sponsorship of a Disabled and Disabled Veteran's Pheasant Hunt.
- Annual Sponsorship of a Washington County Youth/Women's Hunt.
Pheasants Forever is the only national organization with a model of chapters keeping 100% of the funds they raise. While belonging to a larger national organization that has a voice on federal and state conservation policies, chapters are tasked with finding projects for their funds. Minnesota takes full advantage of this model using funds raised for projects locally as well as other areas in the state of Minnesota. Pheasants Forever is dedicated to the conservation of pheasants, quail, and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education, and land management policies and programs.